Can easily be used with any standard Super 8 cartridge. Improves picture sharpness and steadiness like a professional 16/35 mm in-camera film-gate pressure plate.
Usually the built-in pressure plate in Super-8 (Kodak-)cartridges is a filigrane piece of plastic that isn't always able to adjust the problems of film transport and the filmstock itself. The result: the film will not perfectly "pressed" against the picture gate and the shots sometimes jitter or slide up or down. The new pressure plate has been developed over a long period and is now patented. Manufactured precisely in several stages and finally hard-chromed like the ones in professional 16 and/or 35mm cameras. The plate acts like an additional filmpath and prevents the filmstock from getting out of focus.
• Constant optimum picture sharpness over the whole picture area (in case of well-callibrated optics on your camera)
• Excellent picture steadiness in both running directions
• Film runs quieter through the cartridges
• Jitter-free high-speed shots at 36 fps, 54 fps and even 80 fps
• Scratches on the blank side of the film (through the built-in plastic pressure plate) can be eliminated. Important for a film transfer afterwards
The High-Precision Pressure Plate is not for use (and not needed) with Cinevia film stock in GK-Film-cartridges. However, you can also get your cinevia film stock in old Kodak-cartridges to keep on using your High-Precision Pressure Plate.